To Honor, To Treasure, To Heal
Our highly skilled nurses provide the best quality care. Their skills are only half the picture. Each nurse is a gentle and caring person, with genuine concern for each resident. Our team will provide individualized care plans for each resident tailored to their unique needs to ensure quality care is provided in each unique case.
The following skilled nursing services are available at Sonoma Post Acute:
- Registered Nurses 24 Hours / Day
- Pain Management
- Certified Wound Specialists
- Enteral and Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN)
- Onsite Medical Director coordinates and approves medical services
- Respite stays
- Pain management
- Model environment for nurse training
- On-staff Registered Dietitian
- Transportation services
- Hospice program
- Restorative nursing
- Post-surgical Care
- Diabetes Care
- I.V. Hydration and Therapy
- Stoma and Ostomy Care
- Director of Nursing oversees all aspects of healthcare within the facility
- Medication management & education
- Bowel & bladder programs
- Audiology Services
- Laboratory testing and X-rays
- Off-site dialysis
- Diabetic management & education
Our nurses work with the residents family to create a comfortable environment including simple routines and visual cues as a positive substitute for diminishing mental processes. Our facility does not offer a secured dementia unit. Please contact us for further information.
Our experienced nurses provide help with all aspects of managing diabetes including:
- Blood glucose monitoring
- Exercise planning
- Insulin administration and tracking
- Menu planning, education and more.
Restorative Nursing Program
At Sonoma Post Acute we seek to maximize the quality of life for our long-term care population, who require a specialized restorative program. Of course, this service is included in the room and board fee.
Our therapy team and nursing staff develop individualized treatment plans for resident care in the areas of:
- Activities of daily living
- Skin integrity and wound management
- Bowel and bladder training
- Strengthening and restraint reduction
- Range of motion
- Positioning and alignment
- Contracture management
- Rehabilitative and social dining
- Weekly and monthly height and weight monitoring
Our dietary program is designed to meet the dietary and physician ordered needs of each resident in our care. Our dietitian works with attending physicians to provide the proper balance of nutrients and consistency for each individual. Dietary also conducts regular assessments of residents and meetings to address the needs of residents with weight loss, wounds or weight gain. Our menus are planned to be satisfying, nutritional and offer variety. Special supplements, nutritional snacks and a variety of fluids are offered in addition to meals.
To ensure that each resident is receiving the proper nutritional needs we offer:
- Meals to meet specific dietary and therapeutic needs
- Nutrition counseling for outpatients with nutrition-related health problems.
- Monitoring of nutritional deficits, fluid & electrolyte balances
We are happy to provide guest trays for visiting family members.